This half day Phlebotomy update will look at complex situations when advancing your skills in Phlebotomy. The training will discuss analytical errors, current legislation and how to locate difficult veins.
There will be an opportunity to practice with winged sets and explore situations they may needed needed. The trainer will provide you with a refresh of your competencies and health and safety whilst undertaking phlebotomy.
- Current legislation/ competencies
- Pre-analytical errors
- Blood cultures & Aseptic Technique
- Technique including
- Locating difficult veins / problem solving
At the end of the session all participants should be able to:
- Provide evidence of an update in competencies and knowledge of phlebotomy techniques in line with the National Occupational Standard NPSA SPN 14: Obtaining a Venous Blood Sample
- Demonstrate safe practice reducing the potential for sample errors and needle stick injury.
- Have an increased awareness on potential risks and techniques to avoid risk.
Please be aware that all measures will be in place to socially distance. Please bring a face mask to wear when moving around the building.
Tea/coffee and biscuits provided.
Parking is free for the first hour and you can buy scratch cards for £1 from reception to pop in your car window for 24-hour free parking.