Funded by Health Education England
This three day course is a fantastic opportunity for any new Health Care Assistants working in General Practice to increase their skills and competencies in clinical practice.
The interactive two days will cover several core subjects and provide a competency framework for each area of learning to complete with mentorship back in the workplace. Using a blend of resources such as quizzes, case studies and group discussion, the teaching will be both fun and informative.
In addition, each HCA who attends the course will receive their own personal Development Portfolio and induction framework that they can use as a working document to store their evidence of learning. This will become invaluable as their growing skill set show cases their contribution to General practice.
Prior to this course the HCA will receive a Preceptorship document as a working tool to enable some in -house development and prepare them for the course.
Please bring this document with you to the course.
Following up on the two core days, there will be another opportunity to refresh and consolidate skills in a half day zoom workshop. (it is important you attend all sessions 2.5 days in total).
- To work towards sign off for all taught clinical skills, with clinical observations
- To develop competency in physiological observations, ECG, stitches and staples removal, Diabetes management and Dementia Awareness
- To devise an individualised plan of ongoing clinical development and have a comprehensive induction plan
22nd November 2022
9.00am - 3.30pm
- Clinical Governance and Understanding the various roles of HCAS
- Blood pressure monitoring and CVD (competency framework)
- The Deteriorating patient NEWS2 (tools and competency framework)
- All about E.C. Gs (competency framework)
23rd November 2022
9.00am - 3.30pm
- Introducing Long Term conditions Frameworks for use
- Removal of Stitches and Staples (competency framework)
- An Overview of Diabetes The annual review
- The Diabetes foot check (competency framework)
26th January 2023
9.00am - 12.30pm