This course offers a respiratory update for those clinicians already leading in respiratory care and wanting to refresh their current skills and knowledge base. With a focus on asthma care in the morning and COPD in the afternoon, allowing you the flexibility to book separately or attend both sessions back-to-back.
These lively updates will include an overview of current guidelines, revisiting the evidence base for medicines, treatments and non-pharmacological approaches to care, including management of exacerbations. There will be opportunity to discuss case studies and real live scenarios, exploring best practice and reflecting on management plans.
- Overview of diagnosis and awareness of phenotypes - why it matters
- Identifying risk
- Overview of updated guidelines and how these relate to current understanding of phenotypes
- Whole person perspective and risk
- Non-pharmacological treatments and person-centred goal setting
- Pharmacological treatments update
- Proposal of practice audit, system review or implementing change in your own clinic (introduce audit tools, risk stratifying methods)
We encourage you to book the morning session focusing on Asthma.
Lunch will be provided if you book both the morning and afternoon sessions.