27th April, 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th May and 9th June 2022
HEE Wessex are providing funding for these courses.
A fully funded, accredited six day programme for Nurses supporting those living with long-term conditions. This course aims to develop the skills for Practice Nurses and Nurse Practitioners working in Primary Care.
This introductory course will focus on the skills and insights needed to provide
effective patient centred, evidence based care across a range of long-term conditions in the GP surgery setting.
Taught by practitioners, the course will include:
- Impact of long-term conditions
- Using motivational interviewing
- An in-depth exploration of:
- Asthma / COPD
- Cardiovascular disease and hypertension
- Managing long-term conditions in the General Practice setting e.g. Qof, the role of clinical commissioning groups.
Award: 20 credits at Degree or Master’s level
Entry Requirements: Applicants must be working as a Practice Nurse or within a NHS Trust, and should have a DipHE (or equivalent) or undertaken study at a minimum of diploma level.