Brief Outline of Experience
Denise is an experienced lead nurse in the field of wound care and leg ulcer management. With a long history of working within Primary Care, first as a District Nurse and then as a clinical manager for specialist leg ulcer services, her career has continued to keep her at the forefront of wound care. Not wanting to retire ‘just yet’, Denise continues working part time; heading up services in Portsmouth and across Solent for tissue viability and leg ulcer management. Her passion for teaching means that her wealth of knowledge continues to be shared with other clinicians in this arena.
Areas of Expertise
- Clinical Nurse Specialist/Trainer - Leg Ulceration & Wound Care
- Undertaking Leg Holistic Assessment and the Doppler Test; planning Care
- Recognising Venous Disease; the Importance of Compression Therapy & Supporting the Self-Caring Patient
- Wound Assessment, Management & Barriers to Healing; establishing Leg/Wound Care in your practice
- Understanding Wound/Skin Care Products; using your Wound Care Formulary including Dressing & Skin Care Selection Workshops